Anxiety and fear of dental procedures prevent many patients from seeking required oral care. But it is vital to overcome your fear and undertake the necessary dental treatments to maintain optimal oral health. At Brightworks Dentistry, we want all our patients to feel comfortable and at ease. And for this reason, we provide nitrous oxide sedation. This safe and efficient solution makes it possible for our team to provide the treatment you need while making sure you remain completely calm and relaxed during your visit.
What is Nitrous Oxide?
Nitrous oxide, also called laughing gas, is given to patients suffering from mild dental anxiety or as an anesthetic before performing minor procedures. The odorless gas begins to show its effects within minutes to help you relax. Nitrous oxide sedation keeps you conscious and able to respond to any commands given by our dental team.
Who Can Opt for Nitrous Oxide?
If you are suffering from any one of the following disorders, you can opt for nitrous oxide sedation:
- Mild dental anxiety
- Fear of needles
- Difficulty in controlling your movement
- Past traumatic dental experiences
- Tooth sensitivity
- Trouble with numbing agents
Why Choose Nitrous Oxide Sedation?
- A safe and effective solution to reduce dental anxiety
- Trained professionals administer the sedation
- Realize a comfortable and relaxing experience that is painless
How to Prepare For Nitrous Oxide Sedation?
- If you are to have nitrous oxide sedation, we recommend that you eat nothing at least two hours before the procedure. This fasting helps to avoid possible side effects like nausea afterward.
- It is also crucial that you inform us of any respiratory ailments you may have as it may make it more difficult to breathe through your nose, thus, reducing the effectiveness of sedation.
- And finally, you should remember to discuss your medical history and medications with our dental team, as this will give us a better understanding of your sedation requirements and suitability.
How Is Nitrous Oxide Sedation Administered?
The process of administering nitrous oxide sedation is not complicated. First, we will provide you with a nasal mask to be worn throughout your procedure. Once the gas is turned on, you will quickly begin to feel calm and relaxed. After a few minutes of the sedation taking effect, we will start the treatment. Nitrous oxide sedation offers no lasting drowsiness and wears off quickly after it has been turned off.
If you are interested in learning more about nitrous oxide sedation, call Brightworks Dentistry in Dunwoody, GA 30338 at (770) 458-3600 and schedule an appointment.