Dental implants in Dunwoody, GA are the go-to solution to replace missing natural teeth. They are a combination of a crown made from dental-grade ceramic and a metal stud made from titanium. The dentist in Dunwoody, GA, will insert the implant into the jawbone at the exact position of the missing tooth. It restores both oral aesthetics and functionality.
What are the drawbacks of missing teeth?
- Oral functionality will be affected when a tooth goes missing. You will not be able to bite and chew food as always, and the phonetics will be altered as well.
- The remaining teeth may drift from their positions as a gap will be left in the jawbone when a tooth is completely extracted.
- When a tooth is removed, it can lead to jawbone deterioration.
- Most importantly, patients tend to feel too conscious of their appearance due to the missing tooth. This can cause a loss of confidence.
What is the procedure involved?
Candidacy plays a significant role in getting a dental implant in Dunwoody, GA. Factors such as jawbone size, oral diseases, overall health, presence of cavities, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. will be checked before confirming the candidacy. We will also take a few x-rays and scans of the mouth to serve as a reference for fabricating the crown. Meanwhile, the dentist in Dunwoody, GA, will prepare you for the implant surgery.
The dentist in Dunwoody, GA, will make a small hole in the jawbone and insert the implant in it. Dental cement is used for the purpose, after which a suitable healing period is suggested. During this, the jawbone will grow around the grooves of the implant, and the gums partially cover the stud. During the next appointment, the dentist in Dunwoody, GA, will place the crown on the implant using an abutment and secure it firmly with dental adhesives. The dentist will then conduct a bite test and polish the implant to enhance its appearance.
Why are implants in Dunwoody, GA highly preferred over other alternatives?
- Implants in Dunwoody, GA offer excellent strength and stability as they are inserted into the jawbone.
- The implant crown is highly durable as it is made from dental-grade ceramic.
- They are long-lasting restorations.
- Since the implant is inserted into the jawbone, it keeps the adjoining teeth from drifting from their ideal positions.
- The grooves on the implant stud keep the jawbone from deteriorating.
Why are dental implants in Dunwoody, GA called the gold standard of tooth replacement?
Dental implants in Dunwoody, GA have rightfully earned the esteemed reputation of being called the gold standard of tooth replacement due to their exceptional durability, functionality, and aesthetic appeal. These remarkable dental prosthetics are expertly designed to mimic the natural structure and function of a real tooth down to the smallest detail. By utilizing state-of-the-art materials such as titanium, which is biocompatible with human bone tissue, dental implants seamlessly fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. This integration ensures an incredibly strong foundation that can withstand biting forces comparable to that of natural teeth. Furthermore, by integrating directly into the jawbone, dental implants stimulate bone growth and prevent potential bone loss in areas where teeth are missing—a crucial benefit for long-term oral health. Their lifelike appearance is also worth highlighting; meticulously crafted porcelain crowns or ceramic restorations are custom-made to match surrounding teeth in terms of color, shape, and size—creating a harmonious smile that appears completely natural even upon close inspection. Thanks to these unparalleled qualities combined with their high success rates and longevity when properly cared for, it is no wonder why dental implants have become synonymous with excellence in tooth replacement procedures worldwide.
Please schedule an appointment online or call us at (770) 458-3600 to have a consultation with our dentists, and we will be happy to help.